Sonic Character Voicing Terms & Conditions
Please note that when it comes to voicing Sonic franchise characters, there are a few things I am not voicing at this time. I must vet people a bit to protect my reputation and to respect IP/franchise intellectual property/copyright. And as I offer my time and talent to voice (usually) pro-bono for Sonic projects, in return, it's fair for me to list some requirements and terms:
Firstly, please, no server or group invites. I am at my 100 server limit and I cannot leave any at this time. They are all pruned and I am in every single one of them for a purpose.
SEGA/Affiliate Canon/Official Content:
At this time, prior to previous commitments existing with others, I will not be taking on voicing roles in any of the following official content:
- Dubs or Re-Dubs of Official Sonic Games.
- Dubs or Re-Dubs of any Official Sonic/SEGA Cartoons: SatAM, Sonic X, Sonic Underground, etc. Fan continuations (like SatAM season 3 projects) I will consider.
- Dubs of any Official SEGA/Affiliated Comics: Archie, Fleetway, IDW, or others.
- Basically, any Sonic, Sega, or SEGA-Affiliated Subsidiary, etc, content on the official market, I will not participate in.
I also am not voicing in these content types:
- Stop Motion
- Underaged ships with characters doing anything "in a relationship" (Tails/Cosmo, Tails/Cream, etc).
- Any fan-created thing (comic, animation, etc) that you did not get clear permission to dub or make a version of.
- "Fan player voice packs" for fan games. I will voice in "official voice packs" (as the "official" voice) for Sonic fan games.
- Besides existing commitment in such, VR Chat, Minecraft, YT livestreams, or any other "virtual" or game experience roleplaying as the character.
- Besides existing commitment in such, in-server casual text or voice roleplays. I may consider if the "roleplay" as the character has some structure, point, storyline, etc.
But, I will gladly voice in fan-created Sonic content! This includes, but is not limited to the following:
- Almost any "original" fan story (fan-created comic, audio piece, game, 2D & 3D animation, etc).
- Fan Sonic projects that don't use or rely on official SEGA/Sonic content - aka, the fan projects need to primarily rely on their own stories, voice actors, visuals, 2D/3D rendered models, and other assets. Sonic music and some official Sonic SFX are fine.
Lastly, I will not participate in any kind of Sonic content that has any of the following included in the story/content:
- Any racist/racially-targeted themes.
- Discrimination of any kind: racial, religious, gender, etc.
- Hate speech.
- Swearing/Language, including common use of Hell and Damn. This is not limited to, "your character won't swear." If other characters swear, I will not participate. Dumb, stupid, silly, idiot are acceptable for 'negative language'.
- Sexual content beyond a kiss or a hug now and then. I will not participate in Lemons or Limes.
- Content with the purpose to antagonize others (like, SonAmy content purposefully created to promote that ship and insult/put down other ships).
In addition, it's super helpful if you have your project at a decent stage into pre-production. I may decline voicing or even considering sending you auditions if you do not have at least the following ready:
- A decent summary you can send me about your project. I WILL NOT voice for you if you send me any kind of messages like, "I have a Sonic project going on. X needs a voice. Interested?" This tells me nothing about your project and I will not commit myself blindly even to auditions without proper information to consider first.
- In your project overview summary, please try to at least include the following: What is it? What format is it? Is it single or multi-episodic? Is it family-friendly? Any OCs? Any language? If this is a dub from a fan creation (like a comic)? Is it yours, or did you get the artist/author's permission to dub it?
- Please practice decent punctuation, sentence structure, and English grammar. I've been messaged often by people that write in confusing run-on sentences and vague descriptions. I may decline based on that alone.
- Please have audition lines, for current or future auditions. Any response of, "make them up/improv," or, "I dunno," may result in my instant refusal to audition.
- A script finished or nearly finished.
- Your staff in good order, if you need any video editors, sound editors, directors, etc.
*page content subject to change anytime.