Sonic Fan Voicing Terms & Conditions
Please note that when it comes to voicing Sonic franchise characters, there are a few things I am not voicing at this time. I must vet people a bit to protect my reputation and to respect IP/franchise intellectual property/copyright. And as I offer my time and talent to voice (usually) pro-bono for Sonic projects, in return, it's fair for me to list some requirements and terms:
- Firstly, please, no unsolicited server or group invites. If you have a Discord project server, I'm open to joining it if I am established to participate in your project. But I do not join servers otherwise.
- I am here for voicing. Voice exploration and discussion of the voice type is fine and expected; so is self- or live-direction by you. But I will not contribute to your project in any other way. Please do not ask me to help you write scripts, add ideas to scripts, work on graphics, visuals, marketing, social media, etc.
- Do not ask me for voice coaching, voice help, audition feedback, impression feedback, etc, pro-bono. I'm happy to do so if monetary payment is involved. I may provide these services for a few pro-bono, but that is at my discretion.
- If you want to pay me for my voicing, that's cool! I will voice for free, but have the right to turn down free and paid projects. And please never offer to pay me in NFTs. I will never accept NFTs.
SEGA/Affiliate Canon/Official Content:
At this time, prior to previous commitments existing with others, I will not be taking on voicing roles in any of the following official content:
- Dubs or Re-Dubs of Official Sonic Games (they already have English voicing).
- Dubs or Re-Dubs of any Official Sonic/SEGA Cartoons: SatAM, Sonic X, Sonic Underground, etc. Fan continuations (like SatAM Team Sea3on-type projects) I will consider.
- Dubs of any Official SEGA/Affiliated Comics: Archie, Fleetway, IDW, or others.
- Basically, any Sonic, Sega, or SEGA-Affiliated Subsidiary, etc, content on the official market, I will not participate in.
Note: I rarely may break these rules above for a specific, valid reason, but that is per my discretion.
I also am not voicing in these content types:
- Plush, Stop Motion, Puppets, Crossovers
- OC-based content where your OC(s) live with Sonic characters, overshadow canon characters, are siblings to canon characters, or are obviously self-inserts. There are some projects with OCs I will consider, so take it case-by-case.
- Projects where Sonic characters are humans (aka - when their species is changed).
- Underaged ships with characters doing anything "in a romantic relationship" (Tails/Cosmo, Tails/Cream, etc).
- Any fan-created thing (comic, animation, etc) that you did not get clear permission from the author/creator to dub or make a version of.
- "Fan player voice packs" for fan games. I will voice in "official voice packs" (as the "official" voice) of a character/characters for Sonic fan games.
- VR Chat, Minecraft, YT livestreams, or any other "virtual" or game experience roleplaying as the character.
- Text or voice roleplays. I may consider it if the "roleplay" as the character has some structure, point, storyline, etc (like Sonic Revo panel-style content, or Tails and Sonic Pals-style videos that provide scripts, etc).
- Fetishes (foot, constipation, morbidly obese belly/pregnancy, etc). Just don't.
But, I will gladly voice in fan-created Sonic content! This includes, but is not limited to the following:
- Almost any "original" fan story (fan-created comic, audio piece, game, 2D & 3D animation, etc).
- Fan Sonic projects that don't use or rely heavily on official SEGA/Sonic content - aka, the fan projects need to primarily rely on their own stories, voice actors, visuals, 2D/3D rendered models, and other assets. Sonic music and some official Sonic SFX are fine.
Lastly, I will not participate in any kind of Sonic content that has any of the following included in the story/content:
- Any racist/racially-targeted themes.
- Discrimination of any kind: racial, religious, gender, etc.
- Hate speech.
- Swearing/Language, including common use of Hell and Damn. This is not limited to, "your character won't swear." If other characters swear, I will not participate. Dumb, stupid, silly, idiot are acceptable for 'negative language'.
- Sexual content beyond a kiss or a hug now and then. I will not participate in Lemons or Limes.
- Content with the purpose to antagonize others (like, SonAmy content purposefully created to promote that ship and insult/put down other ships).
In addition, it's super helpful if you have your project at a decent stage into pre-production. I may decline voicing or even considering sending you auditions if you do not have at least some of the following ready:
- A decent summary you can send me about your project. I WILL NOT voice for you if you send me any kind of messages like, "I have a Sonic project I wanna make. X needs a voice. Interested?" This tells me nothing about your project and I will not commit myself blindly even to auditions without proper information to consider first.
- In your project overview summary, please try to at least include the following: What is it? What format is it? Is it single or multi-episodic? Is it family-friendly? Any OCs? Any language? If this is a dub from a fan creation (like a comic)? Is it yours, or did you get the artist/author's permission to dub it?
- Please practice decent punctuation, sentence structure, and English grammar. I've been messaged often by people that write in confusing run-on sentences and vague descriptions. I may decline based on that alone.
- Please have audition lines, for current or future auditions. Any response of, "make them up/improv," or, "I dunno," may result in my instant refusal to audition.
- A script in some form of draft development.
- Your staff in good order, or in the stages of being obtained (Aka, if you literally have no staff at all, I may decline, as this shows me you're 'jumping the gun' to get VAs before you have other staff).
*page content subject to change anytime.